For several years SAMHSA has been funding higher education institutions to partner with community organizations to address alcohol abuse & HIV on campus and in the surrounding community. To date, 12 colleges have adopted the ALC to address the alcohol component of these grants:
- Robert Morris University in Atlanta
- Fort Valley State University in Southern Georgia
- University of Texas San Antonio
- Paine College in Augusta, Georgia
- Johnson C. Smith University in Charlotte
- Our Lady of the Lake University in San Antonio
- Alamo Community College in San Antonio
- Southern University Shreveport in Louisiana
Paine College now uses the program for their new student orientation. And the University of Central Florida and Ohio University have begun using it at various health promotion, residence hall, fraternity and sorority events.
Dr. DeBenedittis also has a contract to personally deliver the program for new student orientation at the University of New Mexico and the Santa Fe University of Art and Design, reaching over 3,000 students a year.